- Put litter boxes in quiet, calm locations that are easy for your kitten to reach, away from noisy household appliances
- Place your kitten's litter box away from her bed and, in a spot that's reasonably private
- Empty the tray regularly — your kitten will not want to use it if it's "dirty."
- Scoop out your kitten's litter boxes daily and change the litter as needed
- Use disinfectants and bleach to clean the litter box. Some disinfectants are toxic to cats, so it's best to only use hot water and detergent
- Attempt to clean the litter box if you are pregnant. Have someone else clean out the tray. If you must clean the litter box yourself, make sure you wear rubber gloves and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards. Thoroughly cleanse the litter box daily. This will minimize the risk of toxoplasmosis, which although very rare, can cause serious problems to unborn babies